Oscar Alpers LLB, Principal & Notary Public
- Oscar is a third generation lawyer with 50 years experience in legal practice in Christchurch, including 9 years as a partner in Weston Ward & Lascelles, from whom he took over the Northwest Law Office.
- 30 years experience in local government and government agencies, including 12 years as a Christchurch City Councillor and Chairman of the Mt Vernon Park trust board for many years.
- extensive commercial experience, including 8 years as a director of Lyttelton Port Company Limited and 6 years on the board of Consumer New Zealand.
Richard Peters LLB, Senior Associate
- Richard has been practising as a lawyer in Christchurch for 40 years, his first job was in Oscar’s law office in the City and he returned to work at this office 5 years ago after experience with other firms.
- Richard has a specialty in criminal law but also undertakes general legal work.
- his other life is as a musician and singer and is a member a band and several choirs and a member of the Board of Governors of St Michael’s Church School
Xiaoxiao (“Shell”) Zhao, Legal Executive
- Shell has been with the Northwest Law Office for 4 years, supporting Oscar & Richard and is our key staff member.
- she was born in China and Mandarin is her first language
Hiromi Jin’o, Lawyer
- Hiromi was admitted to the High Court of New Zealand in 2017. She gained a wide range of experience from practicing at several general law firms in Christchurch. She also worked as an employment law advocate.
- She joined Alpers & Co in 2021. She can assist you with property, family, employment, and immigration law, as well as other general legal matters, including wills, enduring power of attorney, and estate administration.
- Hiromi has lively interests in diverse cultures and is passionate about social justice. She is also bilingual in English and Japanese.